click or touch question to reveal answer
[ls_accordion][ls_accordion_section title=”How are your fiber products made?“]We create a chemical-free pulp from naturally occurring fibrous materials such as cellulose, hemicelluloses and lignin. Then we shape the pulp into specific products using a process that includes forming and molding under intense pressure and high temperatures in accordance with U.S. Food & Drug Administration guidelines.[/ls_accordion_section][ls_accordion_section title=”Is there a difference in quality from traditional products?“]No. Our durable products withstand heat and hot liquids, are oil resistant, and are safe for microwaves, freezers and oven temperatures up to 450° F.[/ls_accordion_section][ls_accordion_section title=”What does biodegradable mean? “]Biodegradable is the process by which organic substances are broken down by other living organisms. All Ultra Green fiber and bio-plastic products are 100% biodegradable and will break down in a composter. For fastest breakdown, products should be taken to a commercial compost facility.[/ls_accordion_section][ls_accordion_section title=”How long will it take Ultra Green products to break down?“]On average, our fiber products break down in 60-90 days in a commercial composter. Our products are ASTM certified compostable.[/ls_accordion_section][ls_accordion_section title=”Can I put Ultra Green products in my home compost?“]Yes. The majority of our products (i.e. bowls, napkins, plates, pizza pans) are well suited for the home-composting environment. Under proper management, they should degrade; however, we recommend bringing used products to a local composting facility for faster breakdown. While all our products are compostable, it is recommended to dispose of all utensil products at an industrial compost facility as the material requires temperature and moisture regulation to breakdown efficiently.[/ls_accordion_section][ls_accordion_section title=”What if I’m gluten intolerant?“]Our products are certified gluten-free by Bia Diagonistics.[/ls_accordion_section][ls_accordion_section title=”How am I helping the environment by using Ultra Green products?“]
- You’re helping save trees. Every year more than 900 million trees are cut down to supply American paper mills. Absolutely no forests are destroyed to make our products.
- By purchasing a renewable and sustainable product, you’re helping to reduce greenhouse gases.
- You are keeping pollutants out of the atmosphere: Ultra Green re-purposes resources such as wheat straw bi-product. In some instances, wheat fields are set on fire to prepare for the next harvest. Using wheat bi-product instead of burning it, stops toxins and pollutants from contaminating the atmosphere.
- You reduce waste destined for landfills by using our products that are biodegradable and compostable.
- You keep polystyrene and petroleum-based plastics from polluting the environment and landfills: these man-made materials can take hundreds of years to break down.
- You reduce your carbon footprint.
[/ls_accordion_section][ls_accordion_section title=”What’s wrong with products made out of plastic and Styrofoam?“]Traditional plastic and Styrofoam are non-biodegradable petroleum-based products. They will never deteriorate into natural material and will remain in the environment for hundreds of years. In addition, many cities are placing bans on the use of polystyrene foam food containers.[/ls_accordion_section][ls_accordion_section title=”What’s wrong with products made out of recycled paper?“]Tracing the origin of recycled paper is nearly impossible, making it difficult to know if bacteria, heavy oils, chemicals, viruses or other contaminants have come in contact with the paper.[/ls_accordion_section][/ls_accordion]